It was December 21, 2016, a good friend’s 21st Birthday. She decided to have her birthday gathering at Cheesecake Factory. THANK GOD, she did! As she ordered her dinner for her birthday i knew it would be a great choice. 1) It’s your birthday of course you want the best dish on the Menu 2) You picked the restaurant because it is your favorite! Bam i did it I went ahead and ordered Louisiana Cajun Chicken Pasta! Can we say DELICIOUS!? I was obsessed, and ended up going non stop next few days. However, it got real pricy and pretty steep on the pockets. Just about $20 a plate including tip! So after non-stop research and attempts of finding the best recipe. I ended up coming up with the recipe below and it is the perfect amount of ingredients from my point of view! It wasn’t as oily as cheese cake factory but definitely tasty! 🙂 Your family and friends will love this recipe give it a shot!
Cajun Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Small Red Bell Pepper chopped
- Small Yellow Bell Pepper chopped
- Small Red Onion 3/4 chopped
- 1 1/4 cup thinly sliced Mushrooms
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (if vegan use the low sodium Vegetable stock)
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) Whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan
For the pasta:
- On Medium High Heat Boil 14 cups of water in a Huge Pasta pot add 1 tablespoon salt, once water boils add 1 full bag of bow tie pasta. Boil for 11-12 minutes, drain. Once the pasta is ready the sauce should be ready as well. Note: the moment you start making the sauce, have the water boiling for the pasta.
How to make the Cajun Sauce:
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to heavy skillet on medium high heat, add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onions, thinly sliced mushrooms. Stir and cook until crisp and tender about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, and minced garlic. Stir, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup whipping cream, and 1 cup low sodium chicken stock. Simmer until sauce reheats and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoon thinly sliced Basil, Reduce heat a little less than medium high and Sprinkle and stir the parmesan cheese in to fully incorporate into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and let it simmer. Sauce will reduce and thicken.
Parmesan Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breast
- Wash and Drain chicken breast. Pound with a meat beater until 1/4 inch thin or thinner, the more thin the better it will be.
- If the pieces get very huge, cut each piece into 4 pieces.
- Mix Breadcrumbs, 1/4 parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoon flour together.
- Place milk in a dipping plate
- Dip chicken in bread crumb mix then milk then back in the breach crumb mix.
- In a fry pan with 4 tablespoons vegetable oil heat on medium heat. Add the dipped chicken to it and Fry until golden crisp, add more oil as needed. Once cooked well remove and drain chicken. Keep warm, try to serve immediately.
Hope you liked my post, keep a look out for more recipes and ideas! Have a wonderful day 🙂